Sunday, August 7, 2016

National Purple Heart Day

Today is Purple Heart Day, commemorating the day on which George Washington created this medal. He did it in 1782 and only awarded it to 3 soldiers in the Revolutionary War, all personally by him.

My father and uncle served honorably in World War 2 although I, like Donald Trump, had a medical deferment, in my case because of asthma that often put me in a hospital. Donald Trump claimed heel spurs.

The service of my father and uncle in World War 2 make it so disgusting to me that anyone would say, as Trump did, "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This [having a veteran hand it to him] was much easier."

No sane person wants to get the Purple Heart because it is only given to a U.S. serviceman or women who has been wounded or killed. It is a solemn award, not to be treated as a joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment